Tuesday, September 18, 2012

6 weeks!!!

This is how i look at 6 weeks and 3 days. I had my 1st ever ultrasound on Friday at 5 weeks and 6 days. Everything is fine. Thank God. It felt so real when i saw the little heart flickering on the screen. I am just grateful to God for everything. If it had not been for the Lord who was on my side...
I have been spotting for almost 2 weeks now, mostly brown stuff. The Dr said he is not worried about that because everything looks fine- my blood work, ultrasound and that it is mostly the old blood just coming out. The ultrasound technician said my uterus is a bit bigger than the average size uterus. She wasn't surprised after she read my records and saw that i had a good number of fibroids taken out in May. She said she saw a little fibroid during the scan and she said it was far away from where the baby is located. That was the only downer for me, but given how far i have come i am still thankful to God for everything. I know God is in control since i have committed everything before him.

Symptoms: 
1. I feel extremely TIRED all the time. Even after getting a full night's rest, within an hour to two i feel sleepy again and don't feel like doing anything. I take a nap, and force myself to get work done afterwards.
2. I can smell EVERYTHING. My sense of smell has become extremely sensitive to even the slightest smell. I have felt nauseous at some point these past 3 days, but i have not vomitted. That's good. I hope it stays that way.
As far as symptoms, that's it for now.

We finally told our parents last week and they were so excited. We are waiting until after the 1st trimester to tell our siblings and friends.

Dissertation update:
I finished transcribing all my interviews from my work in Nigeria this past summer and i already started on my data analysis (coding my transcripts). Hopefully, i can get done with that before the end of this month so that i can start writing my 2nd paper. I am not sure if i mentioned this, but 2 of my papers finally got published, after all the ups and downs. Thank God. I am waiting on a 3rd paper under review and i pray for favor with that.

Job update:
I applied to some jobs, spoke to potential mentors and sent my CV out for potential postdoctoral fellowship opportunities. Let's see how that goes. I am praying for favor and God's will.


6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your pregnancy, wow! Such a miracle baby growing in there, wishing you a healthy pregnancy throughout this journey both before and after the baby.

    Hopefully the job search yield a positive return, first time here, will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your pregnancy. This is such an amazing time and you have the right attitude, let God take control.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I look forward to following you along this beautiful journey. Happy and healthy 9 months to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your preganancy. Just found your blog and enjoyed reading through. Will definitely be back. I also had a myomectomy and TTc at the moment. I just started out a blog and please do visit. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I pray that very soon you also get to share your good news soon.

      Delete