Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Babies, babies, babies everywhere.

Let me first start this post by saying I am not pregnant. About 5 of the ladies whose blog I follow are currently pregnant, and I am so happy for them. I have been a regular reader of their blogs for over a year now and I post comments occasionally. I pray they all have safe deliveries and healthy babies. I also pray that God gives each one of these families the wisdom to raise their children right. I will list them in the order I found out about their pregnancies.

Jessica at From Marriage to Motherhood- She will be welcoming her second daughter anytime from now. I love her ability to extend herself to others- from her church family, to her extended and immediate family. She is one crafty mama and her ability to organize and execute beautiful get togethers is so cool. She makes these cute bows, and such and sells them on etsy. It amazes me and I wonder where she gets the energy from with how much stuff she does with Ilah, her daughter, even now that she is heavily pregnant. She is married to a Nigerian man, so in my head, she is my blogger Nigerian sista. Ilah will be a wonderful big sister. God bless and protect your family.

Danielle at Living a Sari Life - She has a couple of weeks left in her pregnancy and she is having a girl. I feel like I know her personally and I was excited when she announced that she was pregnant. I was praising God on her behalf because she shared her struggles on how she was waiting for baby #2 and the lessons God taught her along the way. I was inspired by her story. I pray that God continues to bless and protect your family. Jordan will be an excellent big brother!

Pegstar at Life is Good- This lady is amazing. Her blog was one of the first ones I started reading. She is pregnant with her 3rd son, and the cool thing is that he will be my son's namesake. AWESOME!!! Pegstar is my blogger African sista of Cameroonian descent. Her sons- Tman & Jbird are so adorable. Some of the things I love about her- her love for family and the priority she places on her immediate and extended family, her love for travel, and her love for pictures (she's always trying to capture every moment). Anytime I come on Pegstar's blog, it's either I see a picture of her adorable boys, or her mother, brothers or grandmother.  She's so lucky to have her mother and grandmother live so close by. I was so excited for her when she announced her 3rd boy. God is indeed a God that specializes in abundant miracles and blessings beyond measure. I was inspired by her story on how she learned to have hope again and trust God even after the miscarriage she had. You are one strong woman, and I admire you. I hope I get to meet you in person one day since I live in MD now. I pray that God continues to bless and protect your family.

TOI at Life of TOI- I only just started following her blog recently. Her daughter, AOI, is such a cutie. This beautiful lady plans and executes many amazing activities with her daughter. I love how she spends quality time with AOI and most especially her "Letters to AOI." I think that's a brilliant idea. She is another blogger African sista of Ghanaian descent. I pray that God continues to bless and protect your family.

Kathy at Lovelace Files- Kathy is awesome with her DIY projects. This stylish mama doesn't mind getting her hands dirty and getting the job done. I love how she scores good deals to help her with getting her projects done. Her blog is one of those I'll be stalking when we purchase our home to give me decorating ideas and DIY tips. I also loved her son's 1st birthday party theme and all. I will be using some of those ideas. She is another blogger African sista of Kenyan descent.Avery aka Lil A will be an awesome older sibling. I pray that God continues to bless and protect your family.

In other news, my hair is shedding like crazy. This just started happening, or maybe I just started noticing it more last month. My edges are thinning out so bad. In addition to that, my scalp is getting so dry and peeling. I am almost tempted to cut off all my hair. Maybe because I stopped taking my prenatal vitamins. Who knows? Someone recommended that I should try washing my hair every week and use Dr. Miracle's Intensive Spot Serum Hair and Scalp Treatment. We will see if that works.

At NOO's 4-month doctor's appointment the other day, his pediatrician was talking about introducing a little bit of some solid foods now. I am yet to do my research on this, but his rationale was based on the American Association of Pediatrics recommendation. He said some studies show that children that are introduced to solid foods at 6-months or later are more likely to develop food allergies. I was planning to breastfeed exclusively for 6 months, and then gradually introduce solids. Any thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I love all these bloggers! I didn't realize Kathy was pregnant! I'm going to pop on over to her blog and say congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you too Amy :).

    This is so sweet, thank you so much for the shout out. We totally have to meet up in person. It does seem like we are all pregnant huh? We totally planned it, totally kidding.

    By the way post partum shedding is the worst. I've had it with both my kids and I guess I am supposed to have it with every pregnancy. I despise it but if it helps it will get better and your hair will grow back, until you have another baby :).

    ReplyDelete