Saturday, March 10, 2012

Baby fever!!!

I have been having serious baby fever. I guess it must be because 7 of my friends recently had babies within the last 2 months. As a matter of fact, I really don't know what to attribute it to. It has always been my intention that DH and I will start trying to conceive in our last year of school, which is not until July of this year. However, I am at a point right now where I have totally succumbed to God's will. When it happens, it happens. I am/ will not actively do anything to prevent having a baby (contraception). 

Some of my concerns with getting pregnant now are:
1. I live alone and I would not want to go through being pregnant by myself.
2. I am a graduate student on a stipend, while DH has student loans (Need I say more)
3. I don't know how being pregnant and writing a dissertation will work out
4. I don't want it to interfere with my plans- writing diss, defending diss, looking for a job

These are really not major concerns. I know of women in my program that got pregnant or are currently pregnant, but they all had their husbands with them. Rather than worry, I have chosen to pray that at God's appointed time, everything should work out fine. Please share your stories with me if you got pregnant while going through graduate school.

2 comments:

  1. Kudos! I did it for 3 years while in residency. Hubby was in Florida for half the time and in the middle of somewhere deployed for another half and I was in Kansas. Those 3 years were not easy but we overcame. I got pregnant during my last year and it made my last year very tedious but as determined as I was, you would never have known. There is no best or perfect time to have children; just do it whenever you feel ready. I was by myself with her for almost 4 months then joined hubby in Florida for another 2 months, then he deployed and we were by ourselves again for another 2 months before grandma came to join us. Sorry it's getting long let me know if I didn't answer your question :) good luck and pray about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your story with me. I am definitely praying about it

    ReplyDelete